Choose Sedation Dentistry to Make Your Next Dental Appointment a Breeze!
- Posted on: Jan 30 2019
Visiting the dentist can cause anxiousness in many patients in the area of St. Francisville, LA. Drs. Frank Sullivan, Clay Couvillon, and Candice Sullivan located at Sullivan Dental Center understand these concerns and provide sedation dentistry for a more positive experience in the dental chair.
Sedation dentistry solutions
Sedation dentistry allows patients to feel relaxed before and during their dental visit. Patients may consider sedation dentistry if:
- They have a fear of the unknown such as pain or discomfort
- They are having extended time in the dental chair
- They have a strong gag reflex that makes dental work uncomfortable
- They have a fear of the dentist from a past negative experience
- They have a medical condition that makes it difficult to stay still for precision dental work
The dentists at Sullivan Dental Center are proud to offer the following sedation solutions:
- Nitrous oxide – many of our patients with mild anxieties can benefit from the use of nitrous oxide sedation. This is an odorless gas that is administered to the patient through their nose that can make them almost immediately relaxed. It is reversed with oxygen, allowing patients to transport themselves to and from their visit.
- Oral conscious sedation – mild to moderate anxieties can be addressed with the use of oral conscious sedation. Oral conscious sedation uses a prescription medication that is administered prior to the appointment to relax a patient before they even arrive. Once there, patients are awake and coherent, able to answer questions and follow instructions. They are transported home and allowed time to rest, and often awaken with no recollection of their appointment – but their dental work completed!
- IV sedation – for patients with more severe anxieties, or for those with medical conditions that make it difficult to stay still, sedation administered through an intravenous injection may be best. This sedation may be combined with oral conscious sedation for optimum results.
Interested in learning more about sedation dentistry?
Contact Drs. Frank Sullivan, Clay Couvillon, and Candice Sullivan of Sullivan Dental Center in St. Francisville, LA today to learn more about this and other ways we can ensure patients feel relaxed and comfortable throughout their appointment. Call (225) 635-4422 today to book an appointment at the office, conveniently located at 5436 Commerce Street.
Posted in: Sedation Dentistry