We want your smile to look and feel great, but we also want to help the rest of your body to stay healthy. We use holistic dentistry to ensure that our treatments do not have any adverse effects on your health and work with your body’s natural biology and chemistry. Call Sullivan Dental Center today at 225-635-4422 to schedule an appointment with our dentists and learn more about holistic dentistry in St. Francisville, Louisiana.
Holistic dentistry, also called biological dentistry, biocompatible dentistry or alternative dentistry, is an approach to dental care that emphasizes your overall health as well as your oral health. Our team will use biocompatible, non-toxic materials to better promote your health and healing.
Our team aims to ensure each dental treatment we provide is safe and has a good effect on your whole body, not just your mouth. Holistic dental care may include the following:
- Removing silver and amalgam fillings that contain mercury and replacing them with safe composite fillings
- Dentistry that is free of BPA — Bisphenol A can cause problems for or even destruction of hard dental tissue
- Digital X-rays that use up to 90% less radiation than traditional X-rays do
- Using restorative materials that do not include metal, such as composite, porcelain, ceramic and other safe non-metallic materials
- Sterilization that uses no chemicals
Each holistic treatment is designed to work well with your body in as minimally invasive a way as possible. This means a lower chance your body will reject restorations or react negatively to treatments, and your recovery time should be faster. With holistic dentistry, we want to reduce your exposure to toxins and maintain a healthy relationship between your mouth and body.
If you are interested in learning more about holistic dentistry, please call to schedule with our dentists.